-->

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My eyelashes catch my sweat

Seeing as I was too lazy to take photos of my outfits this weekend and I'm inspired by mainly morbid and idiosyncratic and depressing things at the moment (Otto Dix, David Lynch, that picture by Kevin Carter...) I thought I would show you my AWESHUM SUNGLASSES COLLECTION (or lack thereof)...

My favourite... cat-eye Vuarnets. Proves thrift stores are your friend, all odd smells and random ridiculous outfits aside.
Hippie wannabe? I look like I want to rape children in these glasses. Kind of explains why this is the first time I've put them on since two summers ago.
Ah, you can't really tell, but these are cat eye-ish, also from a thrift store, though I have no idea who or when they were made. They're cute though, kind of my Vuarnets replacement though.
These also never get sufficient wear time. I bought them when I had a fetish for huge, bug-eyed glasses a la Nicole Richie. They were from H&M though, so they win a few points for that, but if you could see the print on them, you'd be a little put off too.
If you want to gain points with library nerds, buy grandfather glasses, take out the lens and ta-da! If you want to lose points with all of society, however, you take pictures like these. Take pointers, kidz. (By the way, that's actually what I look like when I'm interested in a book. I'm going to pull out the peer pressure card and tell you to go buy The Reader immediately. Or a rapist will climb up your window and murder you and your family in the middle of the night. Chain letter style.)
Tsk tsk tsk, what do we have here? Kanye West shutter shades, you ask? You are incorrect, children. They are merely glasses that have infectiously entered the world we now refer to as mainstream and teenagers took to wearing them humming "Stronger" down the street, but really the creators of said glasses simply asked themselves, "What can we create to make sane people want to drop-kick people wearing the thing we make?" "OMG SHUTTER SHADES" "Who can we get to promote them who people want to drop-kick the most?" "OMG ONLY LYK, THE RAPPER OF THE CENTURY" and there you have it, children. Now, you might say, "Rose, arentcha a bit hypocritical?" and I would say "I bought them in a drunken stint at a Kanye West concert!" and then drop-kick you. No, but seriously, don't ever buy these. They remain here as a reminder of the most narcissistic concert I ever attended. ALRIGHT KANYE YOU MAKE GOOD MUSIC YOU CAN STOP CALLING YOURSELF THE LOUIS VUITTON DON NOW. thx
Finally! My most recent purchase, a set of John Lennon/Harry Potter glasses I got from H&M in Montreal, I bought in a fit of H&M two-floor shopping high. You have no idea how much I had to restrain myself from buying $300 worth of clothes. I only had $300 for the week. It was hard. :( Point is, I have yet to bring these buggers out of hiding, and I will soon in an outfit I shall post soon, I hope!


By the way, I will have some pictures from Montreal up soon, I hope. My friend just has my camera right now and I have yet to retrieve it. 

This concludes our borderline insane broadcast for this evening.

For your entertainment, here is one of my favourite Dwight scenes from The Office...

1 comment:

the StReeT chanteuse said...

hello! you should add slanties to your collection!!! and the last pair are my fav plus the kany west thing made me laugh....

oh and i love rain wilson aka dwight of the office

amber "the street chanteuse"