-->

Monday, March 03, 2008

gondry is to film what parisians are to fashion

I am in love with Jon Brion and his work on the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" soundtrack. "The Theme is so undescribable. It's so ordinary yet magnificent. It's difficult to put into words. Electric Light Orchestra's "Mr. Blue Sky" is just as good. My mother could have just died and it would still have me on my feet singing along. Seriously. This soundtrack is absolute genious.


Don't even let me begin about the movie. Michael Gondry is an absolute God. He has inspired me so much. I am actually contemplating going into film (or using film as an art) because of him. Everything he does is so artistic, so depressing, so beautiful. This movie makes me cry and laugh and so many other things I simply can't think of. He is so easily compared to Burton and Kubrick, with the exception of murder and rape and all that jazz. Either way, I just want to give Gondry a big hug.



Another director that has caught my eye is Spike Jonze. I was watching Bjork's "It's Oh So Quiet" video and I was convinced Gondry directed it. Instead, I discovered Jonze, who also directed "Y Control" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The video gives off the vibe of insanity, which is exactly what I think of when I hear YYY. He also directed "Get Back" by Ludacris, and surprisingly he made a rap video work out to my likings (there were no half-naked women in it). I have a crush on his directing skills. But he's no Gondry.

No comments: