This is from Friday night when I tried doing a tame version of Luella's Spring 2010 make-up. I did this with the same lipstick I used in the previous photographs. I don't know if it's lipstick in general or just the brand I was using but it ended up melting a bit and hence fading and at one point ended up all over my fingers. I'll be doing it again though nonetheless.
I've been away for so long because I've been busy with school and with this blog I always feel like I need to write long posts like a journal article or something. With assignments piling up as the semester progresses, I find that I have little to no time or head space for anything legitimate or extensive. Hence Tumblr (I actually mention it in every blog post I'M SORRY). But here are some quick dash notes about stuff. I have to wake up in five hours for a lecture so I'll be quick.
- Pre-fall report: PROENZA SCHOULER OMG UNF. Lanvin was also great, both aesthetically and the mode of presenting the clothes, it was sort of like an exhibition. I have to also mention Thakoon scarf-like skirts, I have a soft spot for them. And the latter of the Chanel pre-fall collection. And more I can't think of right now. I also need to get caught up on the men's collections. Falling behind here...
- Radiohead for Haiti benefit concert tonight, if you went and are reading this right now, KILL YOURSELF. Then come back to life so I can murder you out of spite and envy. Whatever, I'm still $450 richer UNLIKE MOST OF YOU WEST COAST BITCHES.
- JH Engstrom may be one of my new photographers, google his book Haunts. Eerie stuff with gorgeous use of lighting.
- I'm going to see MF DOOM and Mos Def in a few days with a friend. Will I be the only tiny white girl there? Most likely. Check back to see if I come out alive. Or if I've been involved in a shoot out.
- The FRUiTS magazine exhibition wasn't really an exhibition rather than a restaurant with enlarged street style photos from the mag put up above each table. Although I did get to see them, I was a bit upset I couldn't take pictures without being glanced at by the hawks that took form as waitresses ("take a seat wherever you like" x12). I was planning to post them here. Bummer.
- I saw Youth in Revolt and Precious yesterday and both were amazing but for independent respective reasons. Also Mo'Nique's acting is ace in the latter. Michael Cera making overtly sexual comments and wearing tight white trousers is also ace.
That's all for now, I need to sleep, goodnight goodnight goodnight.
Skull bodysuit originally a 4 year old's halloween costume. Light black pants, H&M.